10 June 2007

I misplaced the carving knife.

I have a beef.

A big, slow-roasted beef.

And I want to carve into it, let you enjoy all the succulent juices that drip out as the knife tears the flesh and sinew into jagged pieces. All metaphorically of course.

But since its 11:41, and I'm tired and I have to work all day tomorrow, I'll perhaps leave that hunk of meat for another meal, and instead give you a bit of smoked carpaccio as an appetizer, to whet your salivary glands.

Margaret Cho once made the scathing and entertaining comment to straight people that if you "watch Will & Grace but don't support gay marriage, then FUCK YOU!"

An appropriate and wonderful insight. I have one of my own though of a similar vein:

If you're gay, enjoy the culture and the scene, but aren't politically active or involved in trying to secure the rights that allow you the benefits, then FUCK YOU!

And that is all I have to say for tonight. Brevity is becoming. Sometimes.

No comments: