27 February 2019

Nostalgic Updates

Anymore I forget this blog even exists. I also regret now the decision to turn it into a writing blog instead of just a blog blog. But this is probably a shift in perspective. I'm actually spending more time on writing than I have in several years - which is great! I also have a stellar writing group for critique and other readers with invaluable insight add. With such a heavy focus on writing, the last thing I want to do is write about writing. I'm sure some author somewhere said I should try this, which I did. And all it did was supplant the actual writing I was supposed to do. It made me feel like I had accomplished something without ever actually moving toward the goal-post. So I recant my claims that this is just for writing. It's going to be about whatever I feel it should be. And as such... it probably won't get updated again for two years.

A real shame.

I should talk about my personal growth - between the last two jobs I have held I am starting to feel like I really have a better grounded sense of myself. That translates into I am not willing to put up with workplace abuses any longer; I'm more direct and forthright and am finding better means of communication.

Which is all good.

I also want to talk about nostalgia - and whether it's possible to recapture the magic of your youth. Things like visiting Disneyland. Or playing Talisman for the first time at Jesse's house and being blown away. Momentarily, maybe?

I'm not going into anything because I need to write. And not on this blog. See you in 2021 - hopefully with a new lease on our country!

No comments: