08 April 2016

Blue Skies

As I mentioned yesterday, I belong to a group started by a fellow local writer.  While I haven't been the most active in the group, they post a lot of pieces, writing prompts and opportunities.  Yesterday the guy in charge had arranged an actual meet up at a local library.  The turn out was modest, but good.  As indicated by the "blue sky" arrangement, it was a bit of a brainstorming session about how we wanted this group to move forward.

We intend to have regular meet ups, to read, critique and give feedback to the works people are on pursing.  It was neat to meet the others and talk craft for a bit.  The most valuable aspect though is the writer friend who set it up - he had a ton of great ideas and opportunities he has found for writers.  The networking aspect alone will be incredibly valuable.

I love that I have both of these writing groups and this is just another step on my journey toward making this more than a hobby.  I may be putting forth some of the proposed writing exercises in this blog.

By way of reassessment, I set a date for my web series to air - what this means is that as it goes forward, my next big focus really is A.N.  I tend to collect projects, but the last year I have really striven to finish them.  I wrote and put out a 1980's Murder Mystery, I've finished the web series I wrote and directed, GruntSlingers, amongst a host of smaller things.  But the most important is my writing.  I would like (per those insane goals I mentioned in the flagship post of the writing blog conversion) to have this book done in the next couple of weeks.  This draft, I should say.  It will be as good as I can get it, and then I can solicit alpha and beta reader feedback.

It's exciting.

Also, I need a job.  Stress.

No comments: