06 December 2008

Darwinian Theory meets Personal Taste

It occurs to me that, in the last while, most of these entries haven't been thought-provoking in the extreme. To celebrate this fact, I am adding one more post before I move on to darker contemplations.

Everyone has crushes on celebrities. Its inevitable, really, since all our media does is attempt to turn average people into incredibly beautiful, bigger-than-life sex icons (usually riddled with personal problems, though that's another blog). I certainly have some of my own. To name a few, more traditional ones:

Photobucket

or

Photobucket

But more interesting than the typically revered are the bizarre choices. People you find yourself attracted to on an individually preferential basis, often mystifying others, and sometimes yourself, as to why. Hang-ups aside, I believe everyone also have these... inclinations to oddities. How else do you justify some of the characters in this world finding spouses?

Thus tonight I present, for your viewing pleasure, a couple of my less traditional infatuations:

Neil Patrick Harris. I'm pretty sure I have a minor crush on him. Which is weird... maybe. Perhaps its the down-to-earth, do-gooder thing. I don't know.

Photobucket


A second runner in this category... Mr. Anderson Cooper.

Photobucket

He's just so darn knowledgeable. And really sports the silver hair thing well, considering he's in his early 40's.


And there you have it folks, my light-on-intellect fare for today. Though naturally this post begs the question:

Who are your weird crushes?

6 comments:

Jiles The Great said...

Ok, I TOTALLY have a crush on Neil Patrick Harris too, even though he's gay. A girl can dream...

Other strange celeb crushes include The Rock, Will Smith, Josh Duhamel (remember when he was on All My Children? way before he was cool?), and Brad Pitt--PRIOR TO his Angelina days. Cuz now he's just a man whore.

Humanjunk said...

NPH is everyone's crush. Unless you're a terrorist.

Lisa said...

Yum yum Anderson Cooper. Actually, I like all of these guys too, totally. So much for you having weird taste. :-)

Em said...

Steve Burns aka Steve from Blues Clues. Totally the hottest guy ever to grace public television.

Em said...

psych.

Blues Clues is Nick Jr not PBS he's not the hottest on public TV after all.

kajsia mccoy said...

I want you to know that we have the same crushes- aside from Cooper... replace him with Ryan Cabrera and we are the same person.