20 November 2008

Mission Complete!

Well that's one less project to worry about.

Photobucket

The jacket is finally finished. I patterned it, created the designs which Colin helped me screen print and sewed the thing together. I wanted something that spoke of creativity, and in the end it's a slightly different jacket with a very draft-sketch feel. The "notes" scattered on the grid are actually quotes from various authors and artists about art.

Photobucket

Voila! I love the lining. And side zipper.

Photobucket

That long quote on the back is from Kerouac, a personal hero. All in all, not bad for a first attempt at creating my own pattern.

As Stephanie Yanez would say... "How do I look?"

Oh Stephanie Yanez. I could do an entire blog on her. But I won't. Instead, I'll just add it to this one and tell you that if you don't know who she is, you really really haven't ever lived. And by lived I mean discovered the one of the most annoying web personalities out there. Imagine a whiney six year old. You know that voice they make when pouting? Now put that voice on a twenty-something girl, and imagine it is keeping you up to date on all the anime and cosplay stuff you crave to know about. You just thought about Stephanie.

Enjoy this: And stay tuned for the rap midway through. Simply genius.



Anyone else want to join her fan group with me?

9 comments:

Humanjunk said...

Swanky dude, I felt the same kind of pride when I completed my jacket made out of women's skin.

Humanjunk said...

It's just too bad that wearing the rawhide of another human being is socially unacceptable. Thanks puritans!

Carla said...

I LOVE YOUR JACKET! that's sick, and do you promise to design a jacket for me when you are famous doing whatever you decide to do :)

Rachel said...

Great jacket Peter! What does the big quote say on the back?

Scary how that girl reminds me of my collage roommate - glasses, bangs and all.

Nik said...

Shut your god damned face off right now. I LOVE the design - hell, I love everything about it. You are one gifted artist.

If you want me to display your jacket on the streets of Chicago - you know, to get your name out... not just because I want it all to myself - just let me know.

Em said...

um yeah...no...wait...what? Oh that's right I was going to comment on the jacket that is effing awesome. I just forgot about that after half my brain cells died from watch Stephanie Yaya inform me about...what was she informing me about?

Jacket fan club: sign me up
Steph idol fan club: not today

and like Rachel said, I wanna know what all the quotes say. I can't make 'em out from the pictures.

Jiles The Great said...

Nice jacket, we like. As for Stephanie, ummmmmm I think I will try to avoid ever having to hear her voice again. :-)

Fish Nat!on said...

dude that asian on the left during the rap...priceless. thank you.

Lisa said...

Hey . . . so . . . nix the Princess Leia costume . . . I have some ideas for an Etsy shop and I'm gonna need you and Colin to be a part of it.

Verification word: chicsped.

Crap, I can't make that dirty.