19 March 2010

Today's Special

A few thoughts for the day.

1. It is surprisingly easy to hit enter and publish a blog post with absolutely nothing in it. If anyone would take me seriously, I'd call it art and have them hang it in the MOMA.

2. One of the fun things about alcohol is that it can be an experience. Not, just the inebriation part, but the entire culture and mythos that surrounds it. My fellow bartenders at work generally agree with me that making alcoholic drinks is far more fun than their virgin brethren, although this is perhaps true of of people too. Ha, just kidding. I love learning about wine because there is so much to look for. I enjoy trying vintage cocktails to see what people in ye olde days enjoyed, when a drink took skill and was really a drink (the clubs here could learn a thing or too; something besides a long island would be nice), Satan's Whiskers for example. I guarantee you'll get blank stares if you ask for this one, and yet it is a gem. Anyway, there's something about the associated history that makes it an enjoyable subject.

3. I have been pouring over selections for a board game group. One that consists of Capree and I so far. Now taking reservations. Oh, and I've been planning and drafting (I'm a dork) a card holder tower for Talisman. Because frankly, with all the cards now sleeved, they are three times the height, and slide if you look at them wrong. Sigh.

4. I think I'm at my best when I don't have to deal with other people.

And there are my thoughts for this Friday afternoon. Aside from, do you remember Today's Special?


Or Zoobilee Zoo, for that matter? Kinda terrifying to think back upon what made up my childhood.

7 comments:

Carla said...

To
1. ha ha please do
2. I don't drink and I agree. I find alcohol fascinating.
4. You really should get out of the restaurant biz.

Miss you and the good times we had at the mac shack

Jiles The Great said...

So, it's Friday and I realized we never did lunch this week. What's wrong with us? Now I'm a little bit sad. Next week for sure, yes?

ANYHOO, I would like you to know that I watched Zoobilee Zoo (I wonder if those people ever justified being on that show b/c it's almost like being in Cats) AND Today's Special (as a matter of fact, thanks to your post I currently have the Today's Special theme song stuck in my head...because there really is magic everwhere and a world for us to share). Yay nostalgia!

Unknown said...

I would SO join your gaming club, but alas, I live 500 miles away.

Petey said...

Yeah Marty, what's up with that?

kajsia mccoy said...

"it's a small world after all..." I was talking about today's special literally 11 hours ago!

Dr. Jason said...

I do remember Zoobilee Zoo!!! Do you remember The Letter People???

Petey said...

Oh lordy. The Letter People. Now that's disturbing childhood.