07 March 2009

Drinking Down Charleston

Quite literally. We made it to Charleston in time to hit the food and
wine festival going on. Since coming to the South I've been obsessed
with the food. It's part of what they're known for after all. The
festival was the perfect stop as both local wineries and distilleries
showed up but also a truckload of local restaurants who showcased
their specialties, seafood and more. The bbq crab salad was to die
for and the truffle potatoes were incredible. But who knew I'd like
the pork liver terrine? We got to try more of the local cuisine than
we ever could have in our one day there otherwise.

This was naturally accompanied by all the wine and liquor we could
handle. And then some. I found some new favorites (doubtlessly
unavailable in Utah) and will and I both got sloshed.

To counter this we spent the rest of the evening walking Broad street,
eating Indian food, and strolling the beach at sunset. It was
beautiful.

Can I just say, I love Charlotte.

1 comment:

Em said...

Well, Utah has Crack Whore Barrel. Almost the same thing.

(I'm jealous.)