19 March 2009

Spring Breakin'

Frankly, the last several weeks I've been in what I believe is a very creative place.

And it's getting worse.

Symptoms include twitchy energy that demands to be spent on constructing something, clutter steadily appearing as more crafty stuff gets dug out of storage, and a complete lack of memory for details like what someone is saying to me, as I zone out and ponder the best method of heat forming sintra.

School is coming progressively to an end for me. I'll FINALLY have my degree, and be ready to charge out into a economic crisis and try to survive. Hooray. In the meantime I'm hoping to funnel my creative strides into exercises that are fulfilling and portfolio building. Someday I'll make a name out of all this stuff.

Anyway, for now, I've been juggling things I need to get done - costume stuff for the upcoming U theater production (the outfits are turning out incredibly well. I'll post some pics and my design sketches here soon), school (despite it being spring break), work (always work, always my favorite, although its amazing how much less I hate my shifts when I desperately need money), and of course, projects to keep me sane.

As posted once, I have too many. My interests are ridiculously wide a varied anymore, and thus so are the things I work on. Screenplays, novels, costumes (which includes a bevy of things from sewing to leather working to uncomfortable exchanges at the Home Depot as they want to know why you only need a 1' x 15' section of rubberized pond lining), fan films, cooking, self educating (because new skills are always good skills), 1930's murder mysteries, and so on. Currently though, Judge Gabranth is taking up my free moments. I've wanted to build this costume for a while and it was so overwhelming, I lost my way for a bit. No worries; now I'm back and pushing through it.

Okay, so this has been an update style posting. I apologize, because its like you're reading a lame journal entry. I promise (ha!) that the next entry will be more essay-esque in nature, like my old blog posts used to be: i.e. more pompous aire and a dash imperious.

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm excited for you to post pictures of the costumes. And I can only imagine how entertaining your home depot trips must be. LOL